Monday 29 October 2007

well possenger !

So, last weeks plan didnt go quite as perfectly as I'd hoped, the chest infection/lung collapse/man flu stuff kept me off my bike for the rest of the week after Tuesdays ride but I was cool with that because Cornwall was all over good and I still managed to get out for walks along the cliff tops with my camera (even saw some quite good birds, hen harrier, turnstone, lots of gulls)

All in all a relaxing week, just what was needed.

And back to realty this morning, road ride into work on the Ratbred (must take a photo soon) was uneventful and my Cove Stiffee was waiting patiently when I got there, lunch time saw the rain come down but as I was determined to get out along the river this evening I fitted some mudguards (and despite what people say they are really practical for keeping you clean, clean enough that todays 3/4s will still be wearable tomorrow) pumped up the tyres and fitted my riding lights.

5 oclock came and I was out, the trails are dark already but not too wet (yet) and even though there was a light drizzle it was still a real pleasure to be out on my first nght ride of the season, the air smelt of autumn, the leaves were covering the trails and best of all no one around.

10 miles later and the rain turned into a heavy down pour so I turned for home happy with my lot, and happy that I had a big enough big on my back to carry the selection of belgium beer I picked up, my friend Raoul would be happy with the image of me on a bike with a bag full of begium beer :-)

and on another positive note I have 2 more nights of alcohol before a self imposed month of abstinance which should lead me nicely into my weight loss/fitness program in time for the Strathpuffer (I'm still hopeful of getting there should some other plans alter)

Tomorrows plan is to ride along the river into work, retracing tonights route, lights are charging as we speak :-)

5 comments:

  1. It's always good picking up beer by bike. I can fit loads in my new courier bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abstinence...

    Your not coming to Northumberland then, bikes, beer and bags though you da man ;0)

    I've been broken by Asthma recently it's been rubbish, still a cross ride for me this weekend ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were wondering where the update was - hope you're over it now.

    Fitness /weight loss doesn't exclude beer y'know :)

    I'm very tempted by the rum soaked Innis & Gunn Phillyd referredto in 'another place' ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. no collapsed lung Chris, just felt like it at times :-)


    Innis and Gun mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete